Who Do You Notify?

Who do you notify when you change your name?

You should inform everyone who may have your details on their records. Many government departments have statutory powers requiring you to do so. Below is a list of the more common organisations you would want to update with your details after you name change.

  • DVLA for driving licence and vehicle documentation.
  • HMRC for tax and national insurance contributions.
  • The Identity and Passport Service to update your passport.
  • Employers.
  • Bank accounts – including cheque books and bank cards.
  • Building Society.
  • Credit card companies.
  • Mortgage.
  • Voter registration.
  • Doctor, dentist and other medical records.
  • Police, if you have any criminal actions against you, convictions or are on the Sex Offenders’ Register.
  • Utility companies – phone, cable, internet service provider, gas, electric, water, sewerage etc.
  • Insurance companies – home, health, car etc.
  • TV Licensing office.
  • Premium Bond office.
  • Investment companies and companies you have shares in.
  • Pension company.
  • Mail-order companies.
  • Motoring organisations – RAC, AA, Green Flag etc.
  • Professional institutes and bodies.
  • Clubs, societies and associations.

adoption, change, name, deed, poll, changing, civil, partnership, pole, deedpole, deedpoll, legal, legally, marriage, pdps, change, change of name, change your name, name change, deed poll, deed poll document, legally change your name, official deed poll